Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Gift in the Mail

Yesterday I received a gift in the mail, a treasure, really. I received God's word in my mailbox, free of charge.  Of course a donation was requested, but even if I choose not to make a donation, the book of Joshua is mine to keep, at no cost!  Do you ever have a seemingly simple, mundane even impact you in a profound way? When I was holding my treasure in my hands, leafing through the pages, thoughts and snippets came into my mind of books I've read. Books about missionaries risking it all to smuggle God's word into closed countries. People who have risked their lives to even meet together to worship God. And here, in America, where we do see our freedoms slipping away a little at a time, we must still thank God that we have the freedom to worship, to read his word. And take into account that there are brothers and sisters in other countries, today, who would give anything to live in a country where God's word unexpectedly shows up in mailboxes, for FREE.
Don't forget our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world. Pray for them. Don't take anything for granted, for we too may soon face persecution. Yeshua warned us in John 15:20, "If they persecuted me, they will persecute you too...."

No comments:

Post a Comment